In the UK, October 2021 was very hot. 🌡️
- The average temperature in October 2021 was 12.1°C.
- That's 2.4°C hotter than the average of 9.7°C.
- This puts it in the 96th percentile for heat, as the 16th hottest October on record.
The hottest October ever was in 2001, when it averaged 13.3°C, and the coldest year was 1740 at 5.3°C.
In the UK, October 2021 was very wet. 🌧️
- The total rainfall in October 2021 was 145.3mm.
- That's 49.1mm wetter than the average of 96.2mm.
- This puts it in the 89th percentile for rainfall, as the 29th wettest October on record.
The wettest October ever was in 1903, when rainfall totalled 218.1mm, and the driest year was 1781 at 8.8mm.
In the UK, October 2021 was cloudy. ☁️
- In October 2021 there were80.2 hours of sunshine.
- That's 8.2 hours less sunshine than the average of 88.4 hours.
- This puts it in the 22nd percentile for sunshine, as the 23rd least sunny October on record.
The sunniest October ever was in 2003, when there were 120 hours of sunshine, and the least sunny year was 2022 with 0 hours of sunshine.