In the UK, August 2021 was slightly hot. 🌡️
- The average temperature in August 2021 was 15.8°C.
- That's 0.1°C hotter than the average of 15.7°C.
- This puts it in the 55th percentile for heat, as the 162nd hottest August on record.
The hottest August ever was in 1995, when it averaged 19.2°C, and the coldest year was 1912 at 12.9°C.
In the UK, August 2021 was dry. 🏜️
- The total rainfall in August 2021 was 54.3mm.
- That's 28.9mm drier than the average of 83.2mm.
- This puts it in the 18th percentile for rainfall, as the 46th driest August on record.
The wettest August ever was in 1912, when rainfall totalled 192.9mm, and the driest year was 1995 at 9.1mm.
In the UK, August 2021 was very cloudy. ☁️
- In August 2021 there were128.1 hours of sunshine.
- That's 25.8 hours less sunshine than the average of 153.9 hours.
- This puts it in the 13th percentile for sunshine, as the 13th least sunny August on record.
The sunniest August ever was in 1947, when there were 259.4 hours of sunshine, and the least sunny year was 2022 with 0 hours of sunshine.