In the UK, December 2021 was very hot. 🌡️
- The average temperature in December 2021 was 6.4°C.
- That's 2.3°C hotter than the average of 4.1°C.
- This puts it in the 90th percentile for heat, as the 35th hottest December on record.
The hottest December ever was in 2015, when it averaged 9.7°C, and the coldest year was 1890 at -0.8°C.
In the UK, December 2021 was wet. 🌧️
- The total rainfall in December 2021 was 106.4mm.
- That's 17.2mm wetter than the average of 89.2mm.
- This puts it in the 69th percentile for rainfall, as the 78th wettest December on record.
The wettest December ever was in 1876, when rainfall totalled 193.9mm, and the driest year was 1788 at 8.9mm.
In the UK, December 2021 was very cloudy. ☁️
- In December 2021 there were27.6 hours of sunshine.
- That's 10.8 hours less sunshine than the average of 38.4 hours.
- This puts it in the 5th percentile for sunshine, as the 5th least sunny December on record.
The sunniest December ever was in 2001, when there were 64 hours of sunshine, and the least sunny year was 2022 with 0 hours of sunshine.