In the UK, January 2021 was slightly cold. ❄️
- The average temperature in January 2021 was 3.1°C.
- That's 0.2°C colder than the average of 3.3°C.
- This puts it in the 41st percentile for heat, as the 148th coldest January on record.
The hottest January ever was in 1916, when it averaged 7.5°C, and the coldest year was 1795 at -3.1°C.
In the UK, January 2021 was very wet. 🌧️
- The total rainfall in January 2021 was 146mm.
- That's 64.1mm wetter than the average of 81.9mm.
- This puts it in the 95th percentile for rainfall, as the 12th wettest January on record.
The wettest January ever was in 2014, when rainfall totalled 184.6mm, and the driest year was 1779 at 15.3mm.
In the UK, January 2021 was slightly cloudy. ☁️
- In January 2021 there were44.7 hours of sunshine.
- That's 0.1 hours more sunshine than the average of 44.6 hours.
- This puts it in the 49th percentile for sunshine, as the 50th least sunny January on record.
The sunniest January ever was in 1959, when there were 69.7 hours of sunshine, and the least sunny year was 1996 with 21.4 hours of sunshine.