In the UK, March 2021 was very hot. 🌡️
- The average temperature in March 2021 was 7.2°C.
- That's 1.8°C hotter than the average of 5.4°C.
- This puts it in the 88th percentile for heat, as the 45th hottest March on record.
The hottest March ever was in 1957, when it averaged 9.2°C, and the coldest year was 1674 at 1°C.
In the UK, March 2021 was slightly dry. 🏜️
- The total rainfall in March 2021 was 51.1mm.
- That's 10.4mm drier than the average of 61.5mm.
- This puts it in the 39th percentile for rainfall, as the 98th driest March on record.
The wettest March ever was in 1947, when rainfall totalled 177.5mm, and the driest year was 1781 at 5.6mm.
In the UK, March 2021 was slightly cloudy. ☁️
- In March 2021 there were101.9 hours of sunshine.
- That's 2.3 hours less sunshine than the average of 104.2 hours.
- This puts it in the 41st percentile for sunshine, as the 42nd least sunny March on record.
The sunniest March ever was in 1929, when there were 166.9 hours of sunshine, and the least sunny year was 2022 with 0 hours of sunshine.