In the UK, April 2021 was very cold. ❄️
- The average temperature in April 2021 was 6.4°C.
- That's 1.5°C colder than the average of 7.9°C.
- This puts it in the 9th percentile for heat, as the 31st coldest April on record.
The hottest April ever was in 2011, when it averaged 11.8°C, and the coldest year was 1837 at 4.7°C.
In the UK, April 2021 was very dry. 🏜️
- The total rainfall in April 2021 was 13.5mm.
- That's 45.1mm drier than the average of 58.6mm.
- This puts it in the 4th percentile for rainfall, as the 9th driest April on record.
The wettest April ever was in 2012, when rainfall totalled 149.9mm, and the driest year was 1938 at 7.1mm.
In the UK, April 2021 was very sunny. ☀️
- In April 2021 there were225.1 hours of sunshine.
- That's 79.1 hours more sunshine than the average of 146 hours.
- It was the sunniest April on record.
The sunniest April ever was in 2021, when there were 225.1 hours of sunshine, and the least sunny year was 2022 with 0 hours of sunshine.